ACSD Food Service Announcement
Update on 7/9/20:
DSS has established a portal for families to correct their addresses for PEBT benefits.
The South Carolina DSS will issue a one-time benefit to help support family food costs resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic and prolonged school closures.
Who is eligible for P-EBT?
· K-12 students who are enrolled in a free or reduced-price school meals program under the National School Lunch Program or are enrolled in a school that has opted to participate in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) are eligible. CEP schools are John C. Calhoun, Long Cane Primary, & Westwood Elementary.
· Current SNAP households whose child(ren) was enrolled in a free or reduced-price meals program as of March 13th will receive their P-EBT benefit on their regular EBT card on July 7th OR on their normal monthly SNAP issuance date.
For households not participating in SNAP, whose child(ren) were enrolled in a free or reduced-price meals program or attending a CEP school as of March 13, 2020, a P-EBT card will be mailed to the address on file with your child's school district between July 20th and 24th.
Parents are asked not to contact your local DSS county office with questions about P-EBT.
· DSS will offer a link to update address information later this week.
· Please allow the state to fully issue all P-EBT benefits by August 15th before inquiring about your benefits status.
· After August 15th email PEBTBenefits@dss.sc.gov