The mission of Long Cane Primary School is to promote student learning by challenging and guiding students toward a successful transition to a higher level of learning.
- Student learning is the chief priority of our school.
- Clear goals and high expectations for student achievement should guide the development of the curriculum and the design of the instructional strategies and learning activities.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
- We will teach each child socially, intellectually, emotionally, physically, and morally.
- Teachers, staff, administrators, parents, students, and community members share in the responsibility for providing a supportive learning environment within our school.
- We will facilitate the appreciation and acceptance of cultural diversity.
- We will instill in each child a lifelong love for learning.
- Every individual is entitled to a safe, nurturing environment conducive to learning.
- Every individual has special talents to be developed.