The mission of Abbeville High School is to develop confident, competent, and caring individuals by providing educational experiences that encourage life-long learning and respect in a changing world.
- Student learning will be the primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of the school.
- Students learn best when they have appropriate opportunities for success.
- Students need to demonstrate their understanding of essential knowledge and skills.
- Students need to apply their learning actively to solve problems and to produce quality work.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
- Challenging expectations increase individual student performance.
- Assessments of student learning should provide students with a variety of opportunities to demonstrate their achievement.
- A student's self-esteem and attitude toward learning is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, students, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school's mission.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is necessary if our school is going to enable students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.